- Tucking in the big kids at night. Seriously. Even though they are 11 and 12, Brian and I still tuck Aislin and Declan in every.single.night. They refuse to let us stop. And that is ok- because I love it. This time every night gives me a chance to have some good one-on-one time with them. Time to talk, snuggle, laugh, read or just hang out. It is so relaxing and so nice just to have special time with each of them every night. I hope they let me tuck them in until they leave for college :)
- Snuggling Esme to sleep every night. Daddy is usually the favorite around here for all three kids, but the only person Esme wants at night for snuggling is me. I love it. She usually falls asleep within 5-10 minutes, but it is so sweet to just have quiet time with her where she is actually not moving 100 miles an hour. This kid is definitely not a huge snuggler.
- Watching Aislin getting on the bus every morning. And waiting for her to turn and wave at us. Love that.
- Finding new ways to try to wake Declan up every morning. Singing, putting my just-showered cold hair on him, laying the kitten on him, telling him I will make his bed if he gets up quickly, flipping his light on, rubbing his back…can you tell it is hard to motivate him to leave his bed on school mornings?
- Love how both of the bigs run home when they get off the bus every day. They run inside and drop their bags in the middle of the floor (don’t love that haha) and find me first thing. Sweet.
I should probably print this list out and read it whenever I'm feeling irritable towards them! ha!