My list today is about my kids...a few every day things that I love :)
Tucking in the big kids at night. Seriously. Even though they are 11 and 12, Brian and I still tuck Aislin and Declan in every.single.night. They refuse to let us stop. And that is ok- because I love it. This time every night gives me a chance to have some good one-on-one time with them. Time to talk, snuggle, laugh, read or just hang out. It is so relaxing and so nice just to have special time with each of them every night. I hope they let me tuck them in until they leave for college :)
Snuggling Esme to sleep every night. Daddy is usually the favorite around here for all three kids, but the only person Esme wants at night for snuggling is me. I love it. She usually falls asleep within 5-10 minutes, but it is so sweet to just have quiet time with her where she is actually not moving 100 miles an hour. This kid is definitely not a huge snuggler.
Watching Aislin getting on the bus every morning. And waiting for her to turn and wave at us. Love that.
Finding new ways to try to wake Declan up every morning. Singing, putting my just-showered cold hair on him, laying the kitten on him, telling him I will make his bed if he gets up quickly, flipping his light on, rubbing his back…can you tell it is hard to motivate him to leave his bed on school mornings?
Love how both of the bigs run home when they get off the bus every day. They run inside and drop their bags in the middle of the floor (don’t love that haha) and find me first thing. Sweet.
I should probably print this list out and read it whenever I'm feeling irritable towards them! ha!
My list today is never-ending.. cleaning, organizing and decorating around the house. When we moved into our house 8-9 years ago, we didn't really decorate. We just stuck furniture in and lived with it. Now, I am trying to slowly decorate and re-organize room by room. I'm going to try to get most of the house done this year. Anyway- here is the start of my list for around the house:
1. Paint kitchen
2. Clean & reorganize kitchen cabinets
3. Clean baseboards throughout house
4. Get foyer, living room & stairs painted
5. Foyer & kitchen- re-do caulk on baseboards
6. Finish playroom- make & hang art, curtains
7. Finish office- hang stuff on walls, paint shelving
First of all- YAY for getting my blog started again after a year..makes me so happy! It needs some updating, but that will come later. I'm going to be posting a list of some sort once a week..a little project that I am participating in with a group of friends. I'm super excited about this because I am a huge list maker.
I decided to do my first list about travel from last year (mainly because it is 35 degrees outside and I am dreaming of the beach!). My first list is a photo list. Two things: we love the beach and I'm so glad my husband lets me use all of his Delta miles that he gets from work travel!
1. Dahlonega, GA -- Gorgeous, snowy weekend in the mountains with two friends. So much fun!
2. Savannah, GA -- Fun quick weekend with my dad and Esme for a family reunion
3. Bradenton, FL -- Took my monkeys for a spring break beach trip & to hang out with my aunt & uncle
4. Siesta Key, FL -- Our yearly trip to Siesta Key + the added bonus of seeing my mom get married on the beach :)
5. Alaska -- with my dad & sis.. seriously the most amazing place & trip! Want to go back SOON!
6. Bradenton, FL (again haha!) -- Spent Thanksgiving with my mom for the first time in years
7. San Francisco, CA -- Spent a long weekend visiting my sister - first time to San Fran & loved it so much!